We will defend you if you have been charged with a criminal offense in Texas. Let us fight for your freedom!
The spirit behind the law – Texas Criminal Code – is to protect the safely, welfare, and well-being of its Citizens by criminalizing and penalizing certain conduct that has been deemed to be harmful, dangerous, and in violation of basic principles of common standards and societal values Codified in to law by the Citizens of the Commonwealth through the General Assembly.
“You may have defenses available to the criminal charges that may result in a not guilty verdict or the charges entirely being dismissed!”
The law can be interpreted, enforced, and understood differently from person to another. An experienced attorney is able to use his knowledge, skills, and previous experience to determine the available defenses, present evidence to the contrary, bring to the court’s attention mitigating circumstance and other factors to defend your freedom and rights. As such there are numerous categories of violation that could result you with huge criminal fines, revocation of driving privileges and jail time. Do not go to your criminal hearing unprotected in Texas – let us represent you as your criminal defense attorney before the Courts in Houston, Austin, Dallas, and San Antonio counties/cities.
“Being represented by an experienced criminal attorney in an assault and battery charge could mean the difference between jail time or dismissal!”
Contrary to popular misconceptions about Texas criminal law, reckless driving , driving while license or privilege to drive was suspended or revoked, Speeding & Racing, Driving While Intoxicated – DUI/DWI, and Assault and Battery are all Crimes of Class 1 misdemeanor and as such carry a maximum jail sentence with costly penalties and fines .
We take on the following Texas criminal law cases directly from our criminal law firm in Houston, TX.
- Reckless Driving/Speeding
- Driving While Intoxicated DUI/DWI
- Driving on suspended license
- Marijuana Drug Possession
- Assault and Battery
- Misdemeanor Class 1, 2, 3, and 4
- Felony Class 3, 4, 5, and 6
– Have the charges against you dismissed.
The defenses available vary widely depending on your specific criminal offense and the surrounding circumstances but having an experienced Texas criminal law attorney ensures that your available defenses, errors in the evidence, and witness testimony discrepancy and other factors are not overlooked and are argued in your favour to facilitate the dismissal of the charges against you.
– Have the charges against you reduced or jail time waived.
Depending upon your specific circumstances, criminal history, and the severity of the offense an experienced lawyer through effective negotiation and plea bargaining can have the charges reduced and jail time suspended in return for a favorable outcome for you.
Types of cases represented:
- Destruction/Damage/Vandalism of Property – To willfully or maliciously destroy, damage, deface, or otherwise injure real or personal property without the consent of the owner or the person having custody or control of it.
- Drug/Narcotic Offenses – The violation of laws prohibiting the production, distribution, and/or use of certain controlled substances and the equipment or devices utilized in their preparation and/or use (includes drugs and equipment violations).
- Assault Offenses
- Aggravated Assault
- Simple Assault
- Other Offenses
- Pocket Picking
- Theft of Motor Vehicle Parts or Accessories
- Possession of marijuana unlawful
- It is unlawful for any person knowingly or intentionally to possess marijuana unless the substance was obtained directly from, or pursuant to, a valid prescription or order of a practitioner while acting in the course of his professional practice, or except as otherwise authorized by the Drug Control Act.
- Driving motor vehicle, engine, etc., while intoxicated, etc.
- Driving Under the Influence
- Assault and battery; penalty. Call Westcott Law Group Today! 832-831-1412